Friday, November 21, 2008

Quote Of The Week

"It seems that for success in science and art, a dash of autism is essential.”
~Hans Asperger

Anyone watch the show "Big Bang"? The character Sheldon reminds me so much of my daughters. Thankfully they aren't quite as annoying!




I hope to get a chance to scan some of my oldest daughter's art work soon. She is amazing! And this kid knows everything there is to know about biology. She loves animals and hopes to work with them one day. I always tell her this might be a good idea because it will be much better than working with people! Animals always seem to listen, don't they?

My little one is very creative as well, just in a different sense. She wants to be a party planner. Or one of the Princesses at Disneyland. Either way, I know she'll be really good at it!

If you have a child on the spectrum, do they have a certain talent or characteristic about them that seems to be enhanced by their Autism?

Us parents of special kids are really lucky. We get to learn to love people for who they really are.

No comments: