Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Awesome Product Of The Week!


My Awesome Product Of The Week comes from Therapro, who, by the way, is having a special on shipping right now, free on any internet order of $25 or more (U.S.). It is their Alphabet Coloring Sheets.



My little perfectionist would get so frustrated trying to stay in the lines but the tactile cues on these coloring sheets helped her a lot. It made coloring time (code for 'fine motor practice') much more fun for her.

There are 26 in all, one for each letter of the alphabet. The pictures are of everyday things that are familiar to kids, and each one includes the word and both upper and lower case letter. You could laminate them and have custom, one-of-a-kind flashcards!

The main reason I enjoyed using this product with my daughter is because it made her feel like a "big girl" because she could stay in the lines, just like her cousin, Jaron (who is 2 years younger than her). It was a real boost to her self-esteem and sense of independence.

As the parent of Special Needs children, I've made it my number one priority to prepare them for Life as best I'm able. I'm not gonna live forever and it ain't no Disneyland out there. The best way I've found to do that is to give them a taste of independence and do your best to help them maintain a healthy self esteem. Once they get that little taste, they'll crave more! Everyone wants independence. And everyone deserves to feel good about themselves.

No comments: